Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Marshmallow Brownies - Take Two!



I've said it before - I'm a s'mores fanatic. That gooey, chocolaty, marshmallowy goodness gets me every time. When my husband wants to have a bonfire on an 80 degree night? As long as we have marshmallows, I'm there. It's the perfect combination if you ask me. So that's why I've found another Marshmallow Brownie recipe. I can't get enough!

Borrowed and adapted slightly from Eat, Love and Be Happy

Marshmallow Brownies

3/4 cup unsalted butter
9 oz. quality bittersweet chocolate (I used Ghiradelli)
½ cup sugar
3 eggs
1 Tbsp vanilla extract
1 cup flour
½ tsp. salt
Mini chocolate chips 
1 package of large marshmallows
  • Preheat the oven to 350˚ F. Prepare a 9x13 pan with tin foil, parchment paper or PAM
  • Melt the butter and chocolate on your microwave's defrost setting, stirring every minute until smooth
  • Combine the sugar, eggs and vanilla in another bowl
  • When butter and chocolate is slightly cooled, stir in the sugar, eggs and vanilla
  • Stir in the flour and salt
  • Pour the mixture into the prepared pan
  • Cut the marshmallows in half and place on top of the brownie mix
  • Bake for 20-30 minutes and sprinkle a handful of chocolate chips on top as soon as they are out of the oven. Then bring them immediately to church or work or daycare so you don't sit and eat them all at once. Or go ahead and eat them all. I won't judge.

No comments :

Post a Comment